The Leon Program is offered on a rotating basis, and is currently being offered Summer Semester 2020. Please contact the Department of World Languages and Cultures through phone: 707-826-3226 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Lilianet Brintrup, Program Director: email@example.com for information.
Next Informational Meeting: December 5th, 2019 - 7:00 - 9:00pm in BSS 204
The Department of World Languages & Cultures and Humboldt State University offer an intense 10-week summer immersion Spanish language and culture experience, the León program. The León Program is a faculty-led study abroad program at Humboldt State University and the first of its kind in Spain. The students will live with selected Spanish families, take c lasses five days a week, participate in service learning activities with local organizations, and participate in various academic visits to outstanding cultural sites in Spain.
The León Program is a comprehensive, all-services included program:
• Live with a Spanish family
• Visit cultural and natural places guided by faculty
• Participate in service learning activities with localorganizations
• Meets International Residence requirement forthe Spanish Major and the International Studiesmajor (Consult with major advisor).
• Courses in this program meet and exceed oneyear of college Spanish language requirement invarious HSU majors.